ONE ACT FESTIVAL
The OAF is an opportunity for new playwrights to showcase their work. Each spring, six original one act plays are selected from submissions and then performed. Prizes are awarded to top judges’ choice as well as the audience favorite. The One Act Festival can also serve as an introduction to theatre for those new to acting or directing.
Beginning September 1, submissions will be open for the 2021 One Act Festival! Information how how to submit a play can be found below.
2021 ONE ACT FESTIVAL.
FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE DATES: TBA
2021 One Act Festival now accepting submissions!
Festival prizes to be awarded: Six plays will be selected for production in the spring (March/April) of 2021. Of those six selected, one will win the First Prize $125 and one will win the Audience Favorite Prize of $125 (to be determined by the audience attending the festival performances).
Guidelines for submission:
All submissions must be original, unpublished one act plays of 15 pages or less and requiring no more than 5 actors.
Submissions must be received by email between September 1, 2020 and November 1, 2020.
Any submissions not adhering to the following guidelines may be eliminated from consideration:
1. All scripts must be submitted electronically via email as a single .pdf attachment. Please email plays to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. All scripts should include in the .pdf attachment a short biography of the playwright for publication on website, programs, and publicity materials.
3. Playwrights will be notified via e-mail when their manuscript is received.
4. Scripts should include in a single .pdf attachment:
A title page with name of the playwright, address, telephone number and e-mail address
A cast of characters with descriptions
A brief synopsis
5. There is a submission fee of $5.00 for each play submitted. Please send payment by check with your submission or by making a payment here.
6. Playwrights will be notified by February 15, 2021, if their play has been selected for production.
7. Plays selected for production will be listed on our website, www.stagedoorproductions.org
8. All production and publication rights remain the property of the playwright.
9. Stage Door Productions shall have the right to produce selected scripts without payment of royalties at any time during a period of 12 months following selection date.
10. Production will be at the discretion of Stage Door Productions.
11. Only stage plays will be considered. Musical, film or TV scripts will not be selected for production.
12. All submissions must be original and unpublished.
13. Scripts will be judged on concept, dramatic action, characterization, cast size, and dialogue.
14. Critical analysis or feedback will not be provided.
15. Playwrights should be aware that the size of our stage is limited. There can be no elaborate scene changes. Unusual props, costumes, or technical effects may be problems.
16. Please consider our audience and do not send sexually explicit or gratuitously violent scripts.